The SIU Technology and Innovation Expo will be held October 13th, 2016 in the 1871 venue within Chicago’s Merchandise Mart.
2:00 pm Doors open
2:10 pm Welcome and introduction by SIU President Dr. Randy Dunn
2:15 pm Keynote presentation by Jason Morales, Microsoft
2:40 pm Innovator speed pitches: Health and medicine
3:25 pm Networking and sampling of cryogenic coffee
3:50 pm Keynote presentation by Eric McAfee, McAfee Capital/Aemetis
4:15 pm Innovator speed pitches: Energy, agriculture and more
5:00 pm Networking, beer tasting, and light refreshments
6 – 8 pm Appetizer reception hosted by SIU College of Business
The 1871 venue is located at 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212 Chicago, IL 60654
Parking (text provided by 1871)
There is discounted parking at the 210 N. Wells Self-Park Garage for 1871 tenants and guests!
$8.00 – Monday – Friday: enter between 3:00pm – 11:59pm, out by 8:00am
Saturday – Sunday: for up to 12 hours of parking
$14.00 – For up to 12 hours of parking anytime
- For directions to the garage, please visit http://www.210nwells.com/directions. Entrances are located on Wells Street and Post Place (between Franklin Street and Wells Street).
- Enter 210 N. Wells Self-Park and pull a “timed” ticket to lift the gate and park your vehicle.
- Take your parking ticket with you; stop by 1871 Reception to validate your parking ticket before you leave.
- At the garage, insert your parking ticket into one of the pay stations in the ground floor lobby. You may pay your parking fee with any major credit card or cash.
- The pay station will return your paid ticket to you, which you may then insert at the exit gate.
1871 is an entrepreneurial hub for digital startups. Located in The Merchandise Mart, the 75,000-square-foot facility provides Chicago startups with programming, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs that help them on their path to building successful businesses. 1871 is the flagship project of the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center.