Main Content Area
2014 SIU Innovation Expo - System Wide
The Innovation Expo is a system-wide event taking place on the SIU Edwardsville campus on September 23, 2014. Our goal with the expo is to support long-term, sustainable innovation from idea generation to partnership and commercialization. Collaboration between SIU and companies can lead to increased funding opportunities for researchers and strengthened ties between SIU and the business/industry community as well as to position SIU as a leader for solving our communities' most pressing problems through research and innovation.
Below is the schedule of events, which will be held in the Morris University Center at SIU Edwardsville.
12:00 - 1:15 Luncheon - Invitation only; Invited faculty, industry, business and university representatives in attendance
1:30 - 2:00 Keynote (NSF Expert) and welcome by President Dunn and university administration
2:00 - 3:30 Exhibits/networking - Participating faculty provided with space for research poster, prototype, or other visual display of work
3:30 - Refreshments served
More information coming soon!
The 2014 SIU Innovation Expo is at the Morris University Center on the Edwardsville, IL campus.
Curiosity >>> Motivation >>> Action
The annual Tech Expo is a day of reconnecting with that sense of what makes a research university like SIU great. World-class scientists and cutting-edge students discuss their latest findings with a diverse audience, inspiring curiosity. A distinguished keynote speaker illustrates their path to success, inspiring motivation. A panel of experts reveals insider information that opens new doors, inspiring action. The Expo provides an opportunity for attendees to:
- Catch up with colleagues in a convenient and relaxed atmosphere.
- Learn about the latest technology innovations and research advances at SIU.
- Make connections with new people and ideas
- Discover ways to take your research, innovation or business to the next level.
- Entrepreneurs, Inventors, Innovators
- Executives, Managers, Business People
- Bankers, Investors, Advisers
- Scientists, Technologists, Science and Technology Enthusiasts
- Economic Developers, Chambers of Commerce, Community Organizations
- SIU Faculty, Staff, Students
- Anyone interested in technology and/or innovation!