SIU Technology and Innovation Expo
13 October 2016 | Chicago, IL
The SIU Technology and Innovation Expo will bring innovators and entrepreneurs from across the SIU system to Chicago’s 1871 innovation hub for an afternoon mini-conference and networking event. Presenters will range from researchers seeking R&D collaborations to spin-out companies seeking commercialization partners. All current or prospective corporate partners, investors, policymakers, media partners, and other supporters of innovation and SIU are encouraged to register for the event by emailing email@example.com.
Featured topics and technologies include:
- Vaccines and testing for the HSV-1 and HSV-2 viruses
- Biosensors and thin film deposition
- Quantitative measurement of tinnitus
- Gene therapy for blood disorders
- MRI contrast agent and design paradigm for enhanced imaging
- A biomimetic urologic prosthetic
- Novel surgical instruments for laparoscopy and fat grafting
- DNA marker systems
- Chemical feedstocks from coal and biomass
- Embedded computational systems
- A combined-loop magnetic refrigerator
- Coal to methane via biogasification
- Applied fermentation science
- Underground mining dust control
- Cryogenic coffee from the founder of Dippin’ Dots
- A low-cost programmable potentiostat
- Enhanced reverse blocking diodes
Light refreshments will be served, including a beer tasting hosted by SIU’s Fermentation Science Institute and our generous sponsor, Breakthru Beverage Group. Contact us to register for the event or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.
The Southern Illinois University System is comprised of three campuses—SIU Carbondale, SIU Edwardsville, and the Springfield-based School of Medicine—which span the southern half of the state.
SIU embraces a unique tradition of access and opportunity, inclusive excellence, innovation in research and creativity, and outstanding teaching focused on nurturing student success. As a nationally ranked public research university and regional economic catalyst, we create and exchange knowledge to shape future leaders, improve our communities, and transform lives. In 2015, SIU Carbondale was ranked the 27th most entrepreneurial research university in the US by Forbes magazine and was designated an Innovation and Economic Prosperity University by the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities.
SIU School of Medicine
The Southern Illinois University School of Medicine is a publicly-assisted medical school focused on the health care needs of downstate Illinois. Based in Springfield, the School is part of SIU Carbondale. As an academic medical center, SIU School of Medicine trains caring and competent physicians, works closely with the School’s SIU HealthCare clinical practice, and engages in innovative scientific research and community service projects.
SIUE is a nationally recognized university that provides students with a high-quality, affordable education that prepares them for successful careers and lives of purpose. Built on the foundation of a broad-based liberal education and enhanced by hands-on research and real-world experiences, the academic preparation SIUE students receive equips them to thrive in the global marketplace and make our communities better places to live.